BestNotes portal allows an organization to share information with
parents. Parents can login and view information posted to the portal
regarding the student.
Setting up Parent Portal
Enabling Portal for Parents
There are two steps needed to setup a parent to access their child's information on the parent portal.
- Click on the Edit Relationship icon next to the parents name on the client's page, then check the Web Portal box.
- Click on the Edit Contact icon to give access to an individual, copy the contents of the portal pin box at the bottom of the screen, and send the portal pin to the parent. They will need this after they have created an account to access their child's information.
To access their child's information, a parent will navigate to the portal of the organization and create a user account. Once they have created their account, they will be logged in. At the bottom of the page will be a place to enter the portal pin provided to them. After they enter their pin, they will have a link to click on that enables them to view the available pictures and documents.
The address for your portal is:
https://crm.bestnotes.com/portal/"the non numeric part of your site id"/
Making Information Available
To make information available on the parent portal, find the information in the student's activity log and click the globe icon next to the entry. The icon will turn blue to indicate that the information has been made available.
If a parent forgets their portal password, have them:
- Navigate to the parent portal sign-in page.
- Enter their email where indicated as if they were going to login.
- Click the Forgot Password link below the login button.
- They will receive an email with a link to reset their password.