NEW USER TRAINING VIDEO
Downloading and Installing BestNotes CRM Client
BestNotes is a web application which resides on servers at BestNotes.com. In order to connect to the server, users must download and install the BestNotes Client.
Click Save File in when prompted by your browser (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer).
- Run the installer.
- Click Yes when prompted by the User Account Control.
- Click Yes when prompted to install BestNotes CRM on your computer.
- After it opens, follow the prompts by clicking Next.
- After the installation is successful, click Finish.
- An icon will appear on the Desktop and the Start Menu.
- See Logging In to connect to BestNotes.
Mac OS X
Firefox should give the option to Open with [DiskImageMounter.app (default)] or Save File. Choose to Open.
Safari will automatically download the file, but may give the following warning:
Click Continue to Save/Open
- After opening the BestNotes dmg file, Finder will display a new BestNotes disk image in the left pane with an eject button next to it. Click on the BestNotes disk image to display the BestNotes Application icon.
- To install the application drag it to Applications (shown above).
- Eject the BestNotes disk.
- Open the Applications folder and drag the BestNotes icon to your dock. It can now be launched by clicking on the dock icon.
- If you receive a message stating "BestNotes can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer" please follow steps 1 and 2 to allow BestNotes to run.
- Right-click (or control-click) on BestNotes and choose "Open"
- Click the "Open" button at the next dialog warning to launch BestNotes .
- See Logging In to connect to BestNotes .
When opened, BestNotes initially displays the server connect screen.
The Server Name/IP is always crm.bestnotes.com
. The Site ID was given to the on-site system administrator.
Call BestNotes if the system administrator is unknown (208.543.6646). Click Connect
to get to the Login Screen.
||This screen remembers the last-used values so that you are not required to memorize the Server Name and Site ID.
Enter the user name and password into the fields provided. If the user name or password is forgotten, contact the on-site system administrator. Click the Login
button to login to BestNotes. Call BestNotes if the system administrator is unknown(208.543.6646).
Changing Your Password
Each company's on-site BestNotes system administrator will give the user a generic password to start. This will need to be changed after the first login for security purposes. To change the password:
- Login to BestNotes.
- Click Settings.
- Under Actions, My Account is highlighted by default, and the Change Password section is displayed.
- Type the new password in the box provided.
- Retype the new password in the box provided.
- Click the Update Password button.
||Passwords must be at least 8 characters long
and must contain at least one UPPERCASE character and one NUMBER.